* Volunteers are needed to assist people with their income tax returns. Be a part of a team providing free tax aid to middle and low-income people.
Beginning this month, AARP and the IRS will conduct classes in the Bryan-College Station, Brenham and Navasota areas. Training is a requirement.
Become better informed in the current income tax laws and provide a service to others.
Those who are trained will be expected to work at least four hours per week from Feb. 1 to April 15.
For information about class locations, days and times, contact Henry C. Hill at 979-693-4351. For Brenham area information, send an e-mail to DaleStoughton@yahoo.com.
* Volunteers are needed for the Safe Harbour Supervised Visitation Center. The center provides a safe, neutral environment for children to visit noncustodial family members.
Safe Harbour uses volunteers as trained monitors for the visits, which are held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Volunteers are asked to commit to a four-hour block once a month.
To find out more about volunteering at Safe Harbour, call Janet at 979-676-3774 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Volunteer trainers and technicians are needed for a Community Computer Ministry.
Volunteers repair donated computers and teach senior citizens how to use the computer. Seniors who complete the course receive a repaired and updated computer.
Anyone wishing to donate a computer or become a trainer or student should contact Emily Thomas at 936-851-2842.
* St. Joseph Manor needs volunteers to make a difference in the residents' lives.
Do you like to read, call bingo or play the piano? Do you have a hobby or special skill you can share? Volunteers are needed for bingo, music, socials, birthday parties, crafts, visiting, working with men's groups and more.
Earn a smile and appreciation from residents simply by stopping by once a week with a flower, your grandchild's artwork and an hour of your time. If you have more time, join the residents for a game of cards, dominoes or something crafty.
Bryan St. Joseph Manor will provide the training you need. For more information, contact Puggy Sheets at 979-821-7307.
* The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of the Brazos Valley provides this partial listing of volunteer opportunities. RSVP encourages people of all ages to get involved. For information on how you can help, call the RSVP office at 595-2800, ext. 2027 or go to www.volunteermatch.org.